Show/hide menu

English Language
Personalised care and support for Under 18s

Your specialist support team

At Kings, we have a complete team of specialists in place who are here to ensure you develop and grow — academically, personally and socially. It begins with the carefully managed, intensive two-day induction programme before term starts, and continues throughout your time with us.

1. Teachers: will provide specialist English tuition and will work closely with you to develop your language knowledge and proficiency.

2. Director of Studies: will oversee your development and will be available for support and advice throughout your course.

3. Accommodation Officer: will ensure you are secure and comfortable with your host family or in your student residence or house, and is always available to resolve any problems.

4. Welfare Officer: will help you with any personal or emotional needs you have, and is always available for friendly advice and support.

Student visa information

Studying in the UK

If you live outside the European Union, you will almost certainly be classed as a visa national and will need to obtain a visa before you can study in the UK.

If you are a European citizen living within the EU, you will not need a visa to student in England.

If you are classed as a visa national, depending on the length of time you wish to study you may require a student visitor visa or a general student visa.

For the latest information and guidance, we suggest you visit the UK Visa and Immigration website.

Studying in the USA

Depending on your course, the number of hours study per week and your nationality, you may need a visa to study in the USA. There are certain exceptions for courses with less than 18 class hours per week.

For the latest student visa information visit this website.

To enroll as a full-time student in the USA following a course of 18 contact hours or more per week you must obtain an F-1 visa:

Before you can apply for an F-1 visa you will need a I-20 Certificate of Eligibility from Kings Education.

F-1 visa application process

1. Submit a completed Kings Education application.

Students must have a valid I-20 form to be able to apply for the F-1 visa. Kings Education will issue the I-20 after the completed application form is processed.

2. Make an appointment with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Students must apply for a visa in their country of residence after receiving their I-20. The local Embassy or Consulate will provide students with specific application instructions.

3. Pay the I-901 Fee

The I-901 fee must be paid before the visa appointment. Visit this website for instructions and acceptable payment methods:

4. Bring all necessary forms and documents to the interview (visa application, SEVIS I-20, financial statements, etc.).

Kings requires the following to be able to issue an I-20:

  • Completed Kings Education application form
  • Student address in home country (must not be a P.O. box)
  • Copy of valid passport
  • Paid registration fee (no deposit required).
  • Proof of financial eligibility:

-Must be dated within past 60 days.
-Must be liquid account (i.e., savings or checking, not investment).
-Must show funds to cover invoice amount.*
-If in foreign currency, copy of exchange rate for the amount should accompany financial statement (this should be done by Kings).
-Should be in student name or name of sponsor.
-If financial statement is submitted by sponsor, an Affadavit of Support must accompany the application.

For the latest student visa information on visit this website.

Specialist support for Under 18s in the UK

We run courses for both junior and adult students, year round. Therefore, students will study in an environment where both adults and juniors share facilities.

For details about how we manage our Under 18 students in the UK schools, read our Under 18s Guide.

Pre-arrival information

Well before our students leave home, we will provide them with all the information they need to ensure their new learning journey is a happy and successful one.

They will have all the details about how to find the person who will meet them at the airport, and about their host family or residential accommodation.We’ll also send them information about what to do on their first day at the college.

Our Student Guide gives them all the information they need about living and learning in the UK.

Student insurance

When you travel to the UK or to the USA to study, you need to be confident that everything is done to make sure you are protected and safe.

Insurance for USA-bound students

For students travelling to the USA to study with us, we recommend Sirius International Insurance Corporation. We will arrange insurance for you via them unless you tell us at application stage that you already have travel insurance.

Student insurance will cost US$45 per week.

Insurance for UK-bound students

We have developed an insurance policy which is especially designed for international students in conjunction with Endsleigh, a major UK insurance provider.

The insurance policy gives a very high level of cover and will protect you against loss of possessions as well as accident or emergency.

For full policy details, please visit the Prices page.